Businesses often engage in deceptive practices that harm consumers. Abusive robocalls, bait-and-switch advertising, and other unscrupulous business practices are a major problem in Florida and the United States. These kinds of practices not only harm consumers, but they often violate both state and federal laws in the process. One way in which aggrieved consumers can fight back is through class action lawsuits.
What is a class action lawsuit?
A class action lawsuit is a legal action that involves a class of individuals who share similar or identical injuries as a result of a defendant’s actions. Common types of class action lawsuits include:
- False advertising and fraud
- Breach of contract
- Mortgage fraud
- Unfair business practices
- TCPA cases involving abusive junk texts, robocalls, or unsolicited fax advertisements
- Unfair and illegal debt collection practices
- Consumer overcharges
- Defective and dangerous products
Choosing a class action attorney in Florida
Attempting to take on a big company by yourself in the legal arena is extremely difficult. Therefore, if you have suffered injuries similar to others at the hands of a corporation, you need the assistance of a Florida class action attorney. When choosing a class action attorney in Florida, you should look for the following:
- Experience – Experience is extremely important when selecting a class action attorney to handle your case. In addition to choosing a Florida class action attorney with years of class action experience, you should select a firm that has experience handling cases similar to your own. For example, if you have suffered injuries due to a defective and dangerous product, you should make sure that your class action attorney has experience handling this type of case.
- Resources – Make sure that the class action attorney you’re considering has the resources required to handle your case. In addition, the attorney you select should have a proven track record of fighting big companies in court, as this is often an indication that a firm has ample resources.
- Stability – Finally, when choosing a class action attorney, look for a stable law firm with a great track record. A history of successfully handling large class action lawsuits is an excellent indication that a firm is stable and respected.
South Florida Class Action Attorneys
Class action lawsuits require experienced and aggressive legal representation. At Edwards Pottinger LLC, we are skilled litigators and experienced trial attorneys who routinely pursue civil lawsuits against powerful individuals, organizations, and big businesses on behalf of individuals and small businesses. As part of our class action practice, our South Florida Class Action Attorneys are committed to protecting victims, achieving justice for consumers, protecting privacy, and supporting people who blow the whistle on fraud. If you require legal assistance, we’re ready to put our knowledge and skill to work for you. Please contact us immediately for a free consultation.